Not only I go to places where I can eat healthy food, but I also prepare myself Mediterranean or Asian recipes.
Being part of Beachbody, gives me the chance to easily find different nutritious recipes, as they have a nice Category on Nutrition on their Blog.
It was there, where I first read this Italian veggie pasta salad recipe and I immediately decided to try it.
Here is the recipe for this Italian Veggie Pasta Salad
This veggie pasta salad pairs simple, fresh ingredients with a flavorful vinaigrette dressing. Crunchy bell peppers, red onion, broccoli, and peppery arugula make it a colorful and satisfying dish. I used a brown rice and quinoa pasta, but you can substitute your favorite gluten-free or whole-grain pasta. Fusilli is perfect for pasta salads because its spiral shape captures the dressing, vegetables, and crumbles of feta cheese.
This pasta and veggies salad can be part of any healthy eating plan.
Total Time: 55 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 10 min.
Yield: 2 servings
- Hot water
- 1 cup dry organic brown rice and quinoa fusilli pasta (or equivalent)
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, chopped
- ½ medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup cooked broccoli, cooled to room temperature
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup fresh arugula
The original recipe is up to here, but I also added:
- cherry tomatoes, chopped on half or quarters
- olives, chopped on rings
- Bring large saucepan of water to a boil over high heat; cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse and drain well.
- While pasta is cooking, combine oil, vinegar, and mustard in a small bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
- Combine warm pasta and dressing in a medium bowl; toss gently to blend.
- Add bell peppers, onion, broccoli, tomatoes, olives and cheese; toss gently to blend. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Add arugula; toss gently to blend. Serve immediately.
Tip: You can find brown rice and quinoa pasta at stores like Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, health food markets, or online. If you can’t find it, substitute your favorite gluten-free or whole-grain pasta.
This Italian Veggie Pasta Salad is usually my lunch or dinner for the day. My everyday start meal is Shakeology, as it gives me the necessary daily nutrients for my body and the energy it needs.
One of my favorite morning drinks, that I prepare for myself with Shakeology, is Caramel Macchiato Shakeology. Here is the recipe:
Want to try this Caramel Macchiato? Get your Shakeology and you can enjoy your newest morning drink.